Data / Facts
D / Diameter: 2-10mm
L1 / Total length: 38-89mm
L2 / Working length: 12-43mm
Metal Drill Bits
HSS DIN 1897 pilot drill bit, ground, split point, extra short
- Right-hand cutting, type N
- Extra short, cylindrical
- High-performance high-speed steel
- 135° conical section
- Cross-ground finish to DIN 1412 C (from Ø 3,0 mm)
- Diametral tolerance h8
HSS pilot drill bit
The HSS pilot drill is profile ground, right hand cutting, extra short and cylindrical. The HSS pilot drill bit allows exact pilot drilling without slipping due to its self centering tip. This extra short drill bit is particularly suitable for use with hand-held machines.
- In thin sheets, steel and cast steel, alloyed and unalloyed, up to a strength of 800 N/mm², cast iron, malleable iron, ductile iron, short chipping aluminium alloys, bronze, tough brass, gunmetal, pressure castings, diecastings
- KEIL HSS pilot drill bits to DIN 1897 make it possible to drill a very accurate pilot hole without slipping thanks to the special selfcentring drill tip.
- It is not necessary to use a centre punch.
- This extra short drill bit is particularly suited for use with hand-held drills.
- In all rotary and percussion drilling machines
- In machines for mechanical processing
For use in / Application
Steel / various metal
Drive / Execution / Features